Why Our Hospital Pharmacy is Your Best Choice
Our pharmacy is a vital and integral part of our practice. It provides our clients and their pets with the latest technology, convenience, and the right medications-all at a competitive price. If you need a prescription refilled at any time, a phone call to our office will have it ready for you to pick up within a short time.
- Price: Internet pharmacies are not always the cheapest source of medication. Our price for most items is typically less than most Internet pharmacies would charge.In addition, some medications are temperature sensitive, and require next day shipping.
- Education: Representatives from companies such as Bayer, Pfizer, Norvartis, Merial, and others frequently visit our offices to set meetings for our staff. These representatives have access to the latest data and research, and are a valuable source of up-to-date product information which is then presented to all our staff members.
- Rebates: Our veterinary practice passes on manufacturers' promotions and rebates. These can result in a greater savings. These are not available online or from catalogs.
- Convenience: An Internet pharmacy can delay getting you your medication. It can take up to two days for the online pharmacy to contact us and process the prescription.
- Safety: Any prescription medication purchased from our hospitals has been approved by the FDA. Medications purchased online may have been purchased outside the United States and have different labeling than U.S. products. If approved by the FDA, the label will say "Caution: Federal law restricts this drug to be used by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian".
- Guarantee: Pharmaceutical manufacturers will only honor product guarantees when purchased by and from the pet's veterinarian. Internet and mail order catalogs do not qualify for these guarantees.
- Insurance: Pet insurance companies require all prescriptions be FDA approved.